Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Wednesday June 1, 2011

It is now10:47 pm on Wednesday night. It has been a very long and frustrating day here. I'm ready to go to bed!!!!!!!!

We spent today looking to buy bulls for each of our Carepoints. We need them to be able to effectively plow the fields to grow food to feed the unsponsored kids. It will take another three months for food to produce, so we are in a bit of a hurry to get the plows and bulls purchased.

Unfortunately, the people in the village see an opportunity. They are of the understanding that a white man will come in and pay whatever is asked, regardless of what the market really is. The weird thing is though, that if I indeed gave them what they were asking in public, they may not last the night. Someone might decide that they need the money worse than they do.

These are desperate times. It looks as if we are going to hold off on buying the bulls and plows for now and just hire it done. That will be money that could have gone into their pockets, but will instead travel outside of our villages. Hopefully, we can raise money to buy a tractor to use instead of the bulls. The tractor would be much less likely to be stolen.

I'm rambling now, but I'm very tired and just wanted to get this written before I went to bed.

Today, I was defeated! I will fight another day and in another way!

Pray for me.

Tom Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment