Saturday, June 4, 2011

Friday June 3, 2011

Hello everyone! My spirits have been lifted. Thank you so much for all your prayers!

Let me tell you about yesterday first. Joseph and I headed out early to Entebbe, Uganda to pick up a couple of gentleman from Iowa. On the way...... Joseph received a call from someone within the Village. It seems that they had decided to lower their prices on the bulls. He told them it was to late, and that we were going a different route. Joseph has found a source for the bulls. YEA!!!!!!

So let me tell you about the gentlemen we picked up. As I said, they are from Iowa. Their names are Joe and Dylan. The two of them are business partners and have a real estate business in Iowa. From talking to them, I have learned that they have a very successful business. They have come, not as a church, but as men who want to get their workers involved with doing what God has called all of us to do. To become the church and go out into the world and be the Church. To be Christ followers!

In talking to them, I learned that one of the contributing factors of their journey here was in reading a book from Francis Chan called "Crazy Love". I can't tell you how amazing that is to me. That is the same book that I read that has inspired the journey that I am on. Its about falling madly in love with God. Its about not being a "luke warm" christian, but becoming the Christ Followers that God wants us to be.

It has stirred up some very good conversations already. I know that God has placed me in this place for such a time as this.

I look forward to learning where this new found relationship goes. It has been very uplifting so far.

Thank you for your prayers!

Tom Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment