Monday, June 27, 2011

Tuesday June 28, 2011

Good Morning from Jenja, Uganda or goodnight to some of you.

My activities this past week were very limited as the reins were handed over to Robert. He did an exceptional in his first week. Robert was able to find a place to move to and has started living in Katakwi, Uganda. It's an area very close to our carepoints, but gives him more safety than he would have living at the carepoints. It is close enough for him to spend his days monitoring the activities and keep track of who is showing up for work and who is not. They have begun the process of planting potato vines or heaping potatoes as thy say here in Uganda.

I awoke this morning to a power outage. So it looks like my idea of a hot shower is out. Its not the worst thing ever, but when its a daily cold shower, a hot one sure would be nice. Maybe the power will come back on soon.

In the grand scheme of things, everything has gone very well. I will leave here confident that the project will continue. There will be no uneasiness as to things left undone. the project is in great hands. I couldn't have wished for anyone better than Robert.

The only uneasiness about leaving will be in leaving the Elotu Household. They have been so good to me. As far as I am concerned, they were a wonderful example of the Love of Christ. I joked to them that if I stayed with them for just six months, I would meet everyone in Uganda. There was a constant trail of people always coming by. Some in need, some just wanting to visit. Those who came never left empty. I certainly won't. I have been in very good hands! I will never forget the love that they have shown me.

The trip here in Uganda is coming to a close. This week, on Thursday actually, Joseph and I will travel to Dubai for a last minute trip. I've wanted to visit Dubai and the plane ticket from here was very affordable. When we get back, we'll track back to the carepoints so that I can say goodbye for now.

Thank you all for your continued prayers. They have worked wonderfully as they always do. We serve a wonderful God!

Tom Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment