Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday June 16th, 2011

Good Morning Everyone!

Today is going to be a lazy day. I should be able to get more photos and videos posted today. The problem is, I'm a little unfocused today. My younger sister, Tamara, is scheduled to go into the hospital today and have her baby. I won't be there obviously, but they have promised to have skype handy and let me know as soon as she is born. She is in my prayers today and I ask that if you are reading this, please pray for her as well.

Yesterday was a big day. Robert Enotu has accepted the job to take over as an overseer to the work that has started here. Look for him on Facebook, he is now one of my friends. Robert is an incredible young man of God. Although he is young, you can see the light of God shining through him. A few years ago, Robert was involved in a very serious car accident in which the car rolled several times and ejected him from the vehicle. By medical standards anywhere, but especially here, he should have died. God has a plan for Robert and he knows that. I am blessed to have him on board. God is so good.

We traveled to our Carepoints yesterday and asked that they identify eight men and two women from each that would be responsible and willing to work. We will meet with them as a group on Saturday to explain the job opportunity. I am excited to see this plan progress. It has not been quick, but I believe that it has been in God's timing.

Please pray with us as we progress. When I leave here, there will be about six weeks worth of money here for the project to continue. My friends back home are already putting together a committee that will look into ways to raise more money for this project. As it is, it will require about $22,000.00 a year. Our hope is to raise more so that the projects we work on can be even bigger. The goal is to make it self-sustaining, but that will take time. Robert is the right man for the job. He sees the vision and believes that God can make it happen.

Thanks for the prayers!

Tom Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment