Saturday, June 4, 2011

Saturday, June 4th 2011

Saturday was an incredible day! I have been fortunate enough to travel to different carepoints with the two gentlemen. Yesterday we visited a village called Ogoloi. It is very close to Soroti where we are staying. The kids there are in danger of losing their carepoint status simply because the funding is not there. That's the reality of this. It takes money to feed these kids. They can't take money away from where it is earmarked. That's not fair to those kids.

we spent all day in Ogoloi. The kids there were amazing. We had lots of fun playing. I was challenged to a race to the Mango Tree. I am happy to report that I won. The truth is, I think he was so amazed that someone my size was able to run in the first place that it may affected his timing. I was a bit surprised myself! Regardless, it was a very fun day. There were not that many kids there. It was a Saturday though, so there wasn't any school. In the end, it was a great day to play with kids!

After we arrived home last night it was great evening of visiting with Dylan and Joe. Somehow, we started talking about the price gouging with the bulls. They had a new perspective. Imagine not being able to feed your family and here comes this rich white guy looking to buy something from you. They both agreed that they would ask for more money. You know what? I would too.

Its a brand new day! Thank you again for all your prayers.

Tom Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment