Monday, March 9, 2015

Married In Uganda

Wow! I'm married!

On February 28th, 2015, the most amazing woman I have ever met, married me. Now you know why there haven't been any blogs in a while. Hahahaha!

Marriage in Uganda, is much like marriage anywhere. Only here, many don't know the meaning of the word divorce. In fact, I'm told there is no word that translate into any of the many languages used here in Uganda. That suits me just fine!

Let me start by saying, I have dated some very nice girls along the way. I wish them nothing but the best as I am sure they have wished me the same. But as far as myself and marriage, it just didn't seem like it was in the plans. Believe me, I wanted to be married. So in 2009, I had that heart to heart meeting in prayer with God. It was one of those prayers where you just lay it all out to Him. I cried, I begged, I pleaded, and I just let Him know exactly what I was looking for. Let me tell you, what I was looking for was nothing short of everything. I didn't want to settle for anything less than what I believed a "blessing" from God would be. And that was that. Nothing more needed to be said on the subject. 

Marriage can be messy. Sometimes it is hard. Ask those who have been married for a while and they may tell you marriage is messy most times. I wanted the wife that when times get tough, I want to work on it. Settling for anything less than what I had told God I wanted, would have jeopardized that kind of commitment. 

On December 14th, 2013, God blessed me. I had already met her, but on the day, God flipped the switch. And everyday since then, he has showed me how marvelous and wonderful He is. He has done that through Justine, my Beautiful and Amazing Wife.

So for anyone who reads this, please don't give up on what God has planned for you. His plans for you are wonderful and true. For those of you who are married, please don't forget what a blessing God has given you. 

I'm married, and I'm loving every second of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment