Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Tuesday November 27, 2012

Hello everyone!

Yesterday was an exciting day for me. The Eritrea National Football Team had invited me to attend their opening match against Zanzibar in the 2012 CECAFA Tusker Challenge. Not only did they invite me to attend their game, but they allowed me to ride to and from the game with them. Once there, I found myself sitting on the team bench throughout the match. So how is that? My first ever football (soccer) game, and to have such a great seat at the beautiful Nelson Mandela National Stadium here in Kampala, Uganda.

After the match ended in a 0-0 tie, the team asked me to join them for dinner held in their honor by some in the Eritrean community here in Uganda. Using injera as the platform, the coach piled my plate high with what he thought I should taste. Those of you who know me well, know that I'm a picky eater, but everything was great!

You guys can do your own research on the Country of Eritrea, but I can tell you that these young men have represented their country very well. They have all invited me come to their country for a visit. I'm very likely to take them up on that offer some day.

One of the blessings that God has given me is the ability to meet people. For that, I am so thankful! Actually, I think that God blessed us all with that ability. Unfortunately, we sometimes let fear take over. Satan uses fear as one of his biggest tools to stop the spread of Jesus Christ. The best way I know to spread his love is for us to love each other. We can only do that by taking the time to get to know each other.

I'm challenging each of you that read this blog to stop sometime today and just say "hi" to someone you don't know. Maybe you have seen them, but you don't know them. Stop today and just say "hello!" Ask them "how they are doing?" and wait for an answer.

Relationships are all around if we just take a moment to see them. I've been blessed with meeting my new friends. Don't miss out on What God is blessing you with today.

I'm heading back to Soroti tomorrow with a repaired vehicle ready for its next battle with the roads. Thank you for your prayers!

Tom Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment