Sunday, February 26, 2012

Monday, February 27, 2012

Good Morning from Soroti, Uganda! It rained yesterday and lat night here in Soroti. It has been so long since it rained that the ground soaked it uo faster than it could go anywhere. I always sleep so well when it rains.

Patience is a trait that you learn here in Uganda. I haven't blogged in a while, because quite frankly, there just hasn't been anything to blog about.

First, I'm currently without transportation. Last September I made arrangements to get a vehicle here in Uganda. The process of getting it here started in November. It was to be shipped from Japan. Unfortunately, it has been stuck in Mombasa, Kenya at the port. I read this morning that there are about 200 containers that are about to be auctioned off, 150 of which belong to Ugandans. The port is so clogged that is backing up the timeline for getting others out. The man I bought the car from is so frustrated that he went to Mombasa 4 weeks ago to try to get things moved along. I think it is finally on its way to Uganda, possibly at the border as I type this blog. I'm not saying when I should get the car, because frankly, I have no idea. TIA, this is Africa!

Second, we need to be drilling more bore holes. Whichever method we use to deliver the water for the irrigation project, we need to know how deep the boreholes are, so that we can get a firm quote. Without knowing the depth, you either over buy or under buy. Its just better to know. Unfortunately, the square tubing that we used was not made of thick enough steel. The tubing just twisted like a cork screw. We have ordered the correct tubing, but are still waiting for it to get here.

In the mean time, the people of Water4.org are gathering information from a wind-mill company back in the USA to see if we can use it with our bore holes here. Its so nice to have experts working on that problem.

Patience. I'm learning it! Please keep praying for me and this project.

Goodbye from Soroti!

Tom Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment